Sponsor A Child

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Because I was born to you

Last night I came home from work and my daughter, Yuan, came to me apologizing profusely. That meant she had done something wrong. She told me that she had accidentally pulled the curtain rail off the wall. This is not the first time she had done this. So, naturally I wanted to scold her.
Before I could launch into my lecture mode, she said, "Please give me 1 more chance. I promise I will not do it again. If I do it again, you can throw me out of the house."
I was amused, but didn't show it. I said calmly: "I've told you before not to play with the curtains. At night, you go to bed late, and in the morning when you can't wake up for school, you throw temper tantrums. You are also lazy at brushing your teeth. Now tell me 1 good reason why I shouldn't throw you out of the house now."
She looked at me, and thought for a while and then she said, "Because I was born to you."
This girl is just so good with words...
So I told her to explain to Papa what happened when he got back. Papa must be the handyman to fix the railing now.
But I know there will be many, many more chances that I have to give this girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment