Sponsor A Child

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

TM Unifi e-bill


After the free installation of the Unifi on 11 Aug, I got my e-bill on 8 Sept. If you opt for e-bill to be delivered to your email, it is free. If you want the hardcopy posted to you, then they will charge a fee.

In the bill, there is a stamp duty charge of RM10. Besides that, 2 months of service is charged. The first month, Aug, is prorated from Aug 11 to Sept 6. The 2nd month, the service fee is billed from Sept 7 to Oct 6. This internet fee is prepaid every month.

Once the e-bill is sent to me, I will send it to the email of my "chief tenant". He will then collect the shared amount from the other housemates and remit the fees to me. I will then make a bank transfer through Maybank2u. If you want to do that, make sure you select the payee as TM Sdn. Bhd. - Unifi.
I like the e-bill because:
1. It is green. We save paper.
2. I get to see the bill and ensure the payment from my tenants. If the paper bill is sent to them, they may not pay immediately, and I may risk having an accumulated utility bill for a few months. In this way, I have one less utility bill to worry about.
I wonder if you could ask for the Streamyx bill to be emailed instead of posted to you, too.

3 comments:

  1. boleh.. any TM Bill can be viewed and monitored at www.tmonline.com.my

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sourplum,
    You are right. My previous tenants (rented out by developer before I bought the unit) had their streamyx and Telekom bill run over RM1000. Luckily it is in their name, not the unit owner's name, otherwise I don't know how to clear the matter with TM.
    Anonymous,
    Wow, thanks for the info. Now with online bill, we can monitor our tenant's payment.

    ReplyDelete