Sponsor A Child

Friday, August 27, 2010

Stamping the Tenancy Agreement


As today is a Selangor public holiday, I finally dragged my feet to do the tenancy agreement stamping for my rental apartment in Cyberjaya.
I went to the LHDN office at Jalan Duta at 9am. I learnt that there were 2 blue forms and 1 white form to fill for each room tenancy. So altogether I was filling in 9 pieces of paper which took quite a while. Then I took the number to wait for my turn. The officer checked the documents and calculated the stamp duty rate.
And I learnt a lesson, stamping must be done within 30 days from the date of the agreement, otherwise one is liable to pay a fine. And needless to say, I got fined. As there are 3 room agreements, I was fined 3 times because I was late by maybe 10 days. And not only that, due to the fine I had to send the original agreements for endorsement. I was told to come back for collection on Monday 2pm. I only took back the copies.
But I was still thankful that the whole affair was simple and easy, and I learnt something new which I will be mindful of the next time I rent out another property.

8 comments:

  1. haruki, how much is the fine for each copy? mind share?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anie, for room tenancy, the rate is cheaper than house tenancy. There is a standard chart, it depends on how late one is, but it doesn't matter how much is the room rental. I kena RM25 per tenancy agreement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sourplum, agreed. That's our LHDN lah. My fault, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From LHDN site:

    1.

    RM25.00 atau 5% daripada duti yang berkurangan, yang mana lebih tinggi, sekiranya ia disetemkan dalam tempoh 3 bulan selepas masa untuk penyeteman;
    2.

    RM50.00 atau 10% daripada duti yang berkurangan, yang mana lebih tinggi, sekiranya ia disetemkan dalam tempoh 3 bulan tetapi tidak lewat daripada 6 bulan selepas masa untuk penyeteman;
    3.

    RM100.00 atau 20% daripada duti yang berkurangan, yang mana lebih tinggi, sekiranya ia disetemkan selepas 6 bulan selepas masa untuk penyeteman;

    ReplyDelete
  5. simple and easy? oh you are lucky. I hate bureaucracy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I have been there three times now and the whole thing takes maybe half an hour, the longest time is actually filling up the forms. So it isn't that, very efficient when it comes to collecting taxes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good work, Well detailed and explained by the author. Hoping that it will inspire more readers. Thank you for sharing this author. Randomly, reupholstery services Singapore our company offers service at a very affordable price, feel free to visit our website if you are interested. Thank you and God bless!

    ReplyDelete