Sponsor A Child

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Staying Positive

Anyone reading my blog would think that I have a pleasant life and that nothing seems to trouble me. Either that, or I see the world through rose-tinted glasses. Being only human, that is far from the truth. When I started this blog I wanted it to be a diary recording the events of my life, especially revolving around my children. I have a fear that time passes me by too quickly while I am slogging at work, and everything will go unremembered and unnoticed.
Last week, I encountered some unhappiness in my job, and really wanted to blog about it. But then I chose not to. I decided to focus on the positives and giving thanks for my blessings, instead of harping on the unfortunate events. My big boss used to say: "What you focus on grows, so focus only on the things that you want a lot of." Sometimes it is hard to remind myself about that, but I try. I have my share of pressures and frustrations, at work and in family life. But at the end of the day, I don't want to remember these. I only want to read and reread all my happy memories.
"Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without." - The Buddha.

No comments:

Post a Comment