Sponsor A Child

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

There and back again


Travelling is the part that I love and hate about my job at the same time. I suppose being a mother and a working woman, my ambiguous feelings are pretty normal. I am at the Penang airport now, awaiting my flight home. I spent a good 3 days here really understanding the business, customers and supporting my staff. I made new friends and met new people. I also managed to catch up with a college classmate at dinner.
All in all it was a good trip and I enjoyed it while I was here. But the part I don't like is the separation anxiety from Baby Xin - I miss her most of all. Although I think I should be thankful that I get 2 nights of uninterrupted sleep, I don't like sleeping in unfamiliar beds. The nights can sometimes be scary especially with all the travellers' tales that I hear. Imagination can run very wild...
So I am glad to be going home. I can't wait to hold that baby.
Next month there is another trip coming up. I already feel like groaning - I don't want to go and yet I would probably enjoy it too.

Post-note: I am home now. It's great because my daughter, Yuan, who is always affectionate, ran to me and gave me a big hug, saying that she missed me. A wonderful homecoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment