Sponsor A Child

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Swimming Again

It all started with a pedometer that my boss bought. She became obsessed with making 10,000 steps a day, or at least 8,000 steps as advocated by our MOH.  Since then she has led a more active lifestyle, taking walks around the park even after work. Hearing her stories, I began to feel that my life was very sedentary and lacked the fitness goals that I always want to achieve for 2012.
So I decided to go swimming twice a week, in the morning before work.  I have always tried swimming after work, but it never took off because I often come home too late for anything else.

So it has been a month since I started swimming every Wed and Fri before going to work. I used to swim, but after delivering BabyXin, I hardly went back to the water. At first, I was very reluctant, thinking of the unpleasant cold water in the morning.  But when I actually did it, it wasn't so bad.  I feel more positive every day that I swam, like I could overcome anything and achieve everything that I want to. Then I noticed that my energy levels also improved and lasted longer into the day, so much so that at 7pm I still feel OK.
This is a great routine and I have the determination to continue this indefinitely.  

No comments:

Post a Comment