Sponsor A Child

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Remembering My Father

Yuan asked me today, what my Dad was like.  My Dad passed away 14 years ago when he was only 50, a sudden event from an illness. I told Yuan, that my Dad was the kindest and most patient father in the world. He would never get angry with children, even when we did something wrong. And that was true, too.

So Yuan, with her ability to imagine what "the wrongest" thing you could do to your Dad, said:
"He wouldn't get angry? Not even if you broke his laptop or something?"

I chuckled and said, "No, not even that."
(Computers existed in the form of Ataris and 286s, what more a laptop).

"Gee, he must have been the best father in the world....."

2 comments:

  1. May he rest in peace.. how lucky you to have a very nice father like him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Anie, we were fortunate to have him. Even though it was too short a time spent with him.

    ReplyDelete