Sponsor A Child

Friday, June 4, 2010

One good vote, one bad vote

Due to tight deadlines, I am finding it a challenge to blog this past week. So here is a quick update on work.
This week, 2 senior vacant positions came about in my company. Immediately I thought of my friend who had been jobless for almost 9 months since her company closed down. She had expressed that she would like to go back to work.
So imagine my surprise when I emailed to her about the positions, and she said that she had heard lots of bad vibes from a mutual friend about my company.
I just smiled and shrugged and I was not going to reply her email. First of all, positions of that level are hard to come by. Secondly, my colleague (the mutual friend) tends to be more negative and tends to complain about work, but all in all, he is doing well. Thirdly, I am also in this company and I am very happy here.
Why do people choose to listen to the negative instead of the positive?

1 comment:

  1. Why do people choose to listen to the negative instead of the positive... for the same reason why newspapers sell? I doubt your jobless friend is as keen for a job as what she tells you.

    ReplyDelete