I was privileged to attend a leadership workshop conducted by Marshall Goldsmith in Kuala Lumpur. He is a renowned behavioral coach and leadership thought leader, and author of the book, "What Got You Here, Won't Get You There."
Here I list down some of my key learnings from this session.
Annoying habits of leaders that we all make at some point or another, that can hold us back:
1. Winning too much (wanting to compete on everything)
2. Adding too much value (when your staff comes to us for a proposal, we always have to make changes to prove that we are superior)
3. Telling the whole world how wonderful we really are
4. Saying "I already knew that" - it dampens spirits
5. Passing judgment before the idea has a chance to even surface
We should always remember these as leaders in our daily work life and even in our life with our children.